Bible Study Tool
Taking a stand against sin and selfishness.
1. Damascus judged, Gaza judged, Tyrus judged, Edom judged, Ammon judged
2. Moab judged, Judah judged, Israel judged
3. can two walk together unless they be agreed?--God will do nothing without revealing it to His prophets--when God speaks, the prophets must prophesy--the people don't know how to do right: violence and robbery--the judgment described
4. all the judgments have been well deserved, meant to cause them to return to God, yet they have not returned
5. Seek God and live, and, if not, the coming judgment
6. woe to those at ease in Zion--the plush and entertaining "worship"
7. visions: locusts, plumb line--Amos told not to prophesy--Amos' response: I was not prophet, God took me
8. vision: a basket of summer fruit
9. the Lord speaks of His coming judgment, and then of the restoration, 5 promises
God has established the pattern of Scripture, for life and for the Church.