Bible Study Tool
Children of Israel wander for 40 years in the wilderness.
1. Preparing to leave Sinai, the census
2. Arrangement of the tribes
4. Kohathites, Merarites, numbering Levite clans
5. purification of the camp, confessing ill-gotten property and restoration to original owner, test for suspected adulteress
6. the Nazirite, how priests are to bless
7. offerings of princes at the dedication of the temple
8. setting up the lamps, purification of the Levites, age limits for Levitical service
9. the second Passover, the fiery cloud over the Tabernacle
10. silver trumpets, leaving Sinai
11. Israelites complain, fire from the Lord. Israelites complain about manna--they want meat. God sets 70 elders and puts the same Spirit on them as He put on Moses. God gives the people meat, quail, and a plague.
12. Contention of Aaron and Miriam, God tells how He reveals--that there is a difference between prophets, God strikes Miriam with leprosy, Moses intercedes for Miriam
13. twelve spies explore Canaan, 10 are afraid of giants, Caleb and Joshua are faitful
14. the Israelites rebel, God announces judgment: they cannot take the land now, the Israelites now decide to go take the land but are defeated
15. Additional offerings, sin offerings, a Sabbath-breaker put to death, tassels
16. Korah's rebellion, punishment of the clans that rebelled,
17. instructions regarding the censors of the rebels, Aaron's staff, sacred things
18. Responsibilities of priests and Levites
19. Red Heifer, cleansing, ashes
20. Miriam dies, water from the rock at Kadesh, Moses and Aaron sin, Edom won't let Israel pass, Aaron dies
21. Arad destroyed, Israelites complain against God and Moses, God sends a plague of serpents, the bronze serpent, look and live, journey around Moab, Sihon and Og defeated
22. Balaam and Balak, the donkey speaks, Balaam cannot curse Israel
23. Balaam's first, second, and third oracles in which he cannot curse Israel
24. Balaam's fourth, and fifth oracles in which he cannot curse Israel
25. Israelite men commit sexual immorality with Moabite women.
26. The people are numbered a second time
27. God clarifies the laws of inheritance. Joshua is to succeed Moses.
28. Offerings: daily, Sabbath, and monthly; The Feast of Tabernacles; The Feast of Weeks
29. Feast of Trumpets; Day of Atonement; Feast of Tabernacles
31. Vengeance on the Mideanites; spoils and captives; purification after battle
32. Gad and Reuben
33. Nearing the end of the journey
34. Inheritance in Canaan
35. Levites; cities of refuge
36. Clarification of inheritance
God has established the pattern of Scripture, for life and for the Church.