Bible Study Tool
Daniel, the three Hebrew children, and Babylon.
1. Daniel taken to Babylon with the choice young men--Daniel faithful to God's laws in Babylon
2. Nebuchadnezzar's dream--all wise men to be executed--God reveals the dream and its meaning to Daniel--the dream--the interpretation, the image represents kingdoms: Babylon, Medo-Persian, Rome, God's Kingdom--Daniel is promoted
3. Nebuchadnezzar's image for unity--3 Hebrew children won't worship the image but trust God--3 Hebrew children alive with the Son of God in the fiery furnace
4. Nebuchadnezzar proclaims that all must worship the God of the Hebrews--Nebuchadnezzar's vision of a huge tree that is cut down--Daniel interprets: the Kingdom will be taken from Nebuchadnezzar and then he will be restored--Daniel advises the King to turn from sin--the vision is fulfilled: Nebuchadnezzar is full of pride and God makes him insane for 7 years
5. Belshazzar's party, defiling the temple vessels--the handwriting on the wall--Daniel interprets: judgment, tonight the kingdom is taken from you--Belshazzar killed by Darius the Mede's army
6. Daniel given responsibility for Darius--enemies of Daniel fool Darius into making a law that no one can pray to anyone except him--Daniel prays to God openly and is condemned to the lion's den--Darius tries in vain to save Daniel--Daniel is safe--Darius throws Daniel's enemies into the lion's den
7. Daniel's vision of 4 beasts--the Ancient of Days ruling--the Son of Man given dominion, glory, and a Kingdom--interpretation by an angel: beasts are kingdoms, the final Kingdom is given to the saints of the Most High
8. Daniel's vision of the ram--the little horn--the interpretation from Gabriel
9. Daniel's understanding--Daniel's intercession for Israel--Gabriel comes with a message of Israel's restoration and the 70 weeks
10. Daniel's terrifying vision--the angel--the touch of the angel--comforted by the angel
11. Persia's rule--Greece's rule--the strong-willed king
12. the end-times tribulation--resurrections--seal the book until the end time--the great time of trouble
God has established the pattern of Scripture, for life and for the Church.