Bible Study Tool
Queen Esther, the reluctant heroin, gets involved and saves the Jewish nation from a plot to wipe out the nation.
1. the King's banquets--Queen Vashti disrespects the king
2. Queen Vashti must be replaced--Esther is chosen--Queen Esther--Mordecai quietly saves the King
3. Haman plots to kill all the Jews
4. Mordecai tells Queen Esther about Haman's scheme--Esther makes plans to influence the King
5. Queen Esther's banquet for the King and Haman--Haman angry because Mordecai won't bow to him and makes plans to hang him
6. the King realizes that Mordecai saved his life and wants to honor him--Haman enters the court to ask permission to hang Mordecai--the King asks Haman what should be done for a man who has pleased the King, and Haman assumes that the King must be referring to him (Haman), so Haman says have a high official take that man through the streets honoring him--Haman must honor Mordecai--immediately after, Haman must attend a second banquet given by Queen Esther
7. Esther's second banquet for the King and Haman--Esther requests that her life and the life of her people be spared from Haman--Haman is hanged on his own gallows
8. Mordecai is promoted--the King makes a decree to save the Jews from Haman's plot
9. the enemies of the Jews destroyed--a new feast: Purim
10. Mordecai second only to the King
God has established the pattern of Scripture, for life and for the Church.